!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: Busy busy...and alot of things to say todae.

Past. Present. Future

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Busy busy...and alot of things to say todae.

Hectic day. Morning was spent refining the details for one of my paintings. Ya although I sae refining, it took me a hell of a long time. The whole morning to b exact. It really was mentally taxing. My original plan was to start work on the actual canvas based on my finalized idea after lunch…then parents came back close to lunch time that time. They were carrying in alot of barang barang. And I really mean a lot. The stuff put together in one corner of the dining area there look as though we’re moving house. Not us that was moving anyway, but rather, my father’s sis. She got her Australian pr and is settling down in Adelaide together wif cousin Julia they all. So this morning my parents went to her house to collect some household stuff that she wants to give away.

Apparently, she told my parents that the fee for sending all her collectibles and what not to Australia wd cost her abt 3k, so she decided that its not worth the money. So all her things have to give away. On a personal note, I HATE moving house. So troublesome. And will have to give away this and that. During the process of moving house that time some things will go missing/damaged and all that. Xin tia u noe. If I were my aunt, I wd be willing to spend that money to send all my stuff to Australia wif me. These stuff carry alot of memories u noe. Money that is spent can b earned back, but wif memories, when something is gone, its gone. Nothing, not even money can buy it back. But well, other pple take a more practical approach to life, and that’s not wrong too.

Anyways, she gave my parents some cutlery (some quite expensive), also got some nice ornaments too. Mother very happy. She really appreciates all these. Ok la, all of us do, especially when its from a close relative. Me and my parents especially like this wood-painted carving of a pair of mandarin ducks that my aunt gave us. We immediately hanged them up la. Its now on the wall over the piano. Besides the cutlery, my aunt also gave me 3 Bibles, yes 3, THREE bibles. One of them is dam big la. Like the one that they use in church. She also gave me a bible dictionary too. Dong noe what’s that. Haven looked at it. No interest.

So after lunch changed my plan to help sort out and pack/display these stuff around the house. painting can wait. After that decided to stick to my promise and help decorate and do up the lights for the Christmas tree. As usual its quite nice la. Every year the tree like growing shorter o.0… and we have like abt 10 years accumulation of Christmas decorations…some of them falling to bits even. But still find some place on the tree to chuck somewhere. Then still got the other Christmas decorations like those wreaths (dong noe the exact word, I think this word only applicable to dead pple, but who cares?) to put along the staircase railings. They look abit like those decorations put outside chijmes, the gate down there. Ya so that took up the whole afternoon.

But after that, the feeling was very rewarding. Now our house really got that Christmas atmosphere… and after dinner went to pack my clothing for the trip. Leaving on Monday.

I’m forcing myself to start painting now, but I’m just so tired I just dong feel like doing productive.

And on to other things. 2 days ago was flipping thru my sketchbook I submitted to mr chia for promos. It basically contains all my JC1 work, where I worked the window painting, and the like dong noe how many sculptures (lost count) that we have to do to b assessed for promos. That mr chia crazy la, that time give us so much work to do, then during lesson time dong let us do. Then the 2 weeks b4 and after promos have to chiong all of them. Anyways, its now all over, so I shan’t continue grumbling anymore. So back to the topic. As I was saying, I was flipping thru the sketchbook, then aei, chanced across this obscure page in the middle of the book. Handwriting like not mine…so cursive and ugly. Then look closer realized that its mr chia’s handwriting.

Then I realized that he secretly slot in the note…so read read…. I shan’t reveal its full contents in this blog. Its something I think that I shd keep to myself, and mr chia wd probably have liked to keep it this way. Anyway, all I have to say is that the letter was very very encouraging, and I was visibly moved by its contents. What struck me was what he said somewhere in the middle of the letter. Something like “the better u r, the more u think, the more problems u see.”

Something I’ll keep in mind to motivate myself when I want to give up while doing my paintings these holidays.

And speaking of solo exhibition, uob called me yesterday. They suggested that I meet up wif them to discuss the details/ways in which they can fund my exhibtion. In fact they set aside a budget of 3k for my solo exhibiton expenses, including, all art materials(paint, canvases,etc), the framing, catalogue, transport for the paintings, and more….Wow, I was like stunned. I thought that when they said that I won 20k and wd hold the solo exhibtion “wif the backing of uob”, I thought that it meant my funds for the exhibition wd come from that 20k…

A pleasant surprise.

And they even said that since I’m a student, they’re bending the rules abt to allow me to just produce 4 new works(instead of the traditional 5). All these details will discuss wif them when I go over to their office the week after I come back from my trip.

Oh and yesterday after photography went lunch wif harshal at lot one. walking around lot one kinda brings back a lot of memories of cck gang…(will talk abt this some other dae) Sean joined us for lunch then left shortly after, when me and harshal went to watch Harry Potter after lunch. All I have to say that the movie was O.K. didn’t really impress me, or surpass my expectations. Abit of a let down actually, especially after sean told me that the movie was gd. He watched it the day b4 wif his cca friends. And if u read shu en’s blog, my review for harry potter goes in almost the same vein as hers. Although I have to add that filch wasn't particularly funny, and voldemort was abit of a letdown.

My imagination of him was that of a much scarier appearance. On the show he looked like lame beggar la. Face like frog like that. Wha lau, they shd have gone for something more like those emperor palpatine. Or better still, they cd have planned for shots that never really revealed voldemort’s face, but just the voice. Like that then his presence will b felt but yet there still prevails that aura of mystery around him. This movie actually has a lot of potential to b further improved. Right now, its just a mediocre screen flick that pple watch once and forget abt 5 yrs down the road.