!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: What I do these days

Past. Present. Future

Saturday, November 12, 2005

What I do these days

Its been a rather uneventful day. Whole day stay at home do drawing (I’m currently working on a portrait of the current pope), listening to music, and playing piano. For piano these pass few weeks I’ve been working hard on learning the piano transcription for beethoven’s symphony no 5 by this composer called Lizet. Very difficult to learn, a lot of big chords that go very fast in succession but I enjoy the banging and the more quiet parts. a piece that’s full of tension and frustration. Very good for relieving stress, especially if ur feeling frustrated, can vent ur anger on the piano. can’t wait to finish learning the whole piece. Meanwhile, I guess my neighbours wd just have to bear wif me as I practice. Rome wasn’t built in a day u noe.

This morning was chatting wif Harshal Mehta Mehta…next fri going for lunch and watch harry potter wif him. Looking forward to seeing him again. Its been like a year? Unfortunately, he doesn’t have a blog, says it’s a waste of time as he thinks that blogs r for bitching abt other pple. Well mine isn’t like that anyway, though I make some exceptions wif pple who really piss me off. Then mon will b meeting wee shian at city hall coffee bean to “teach him how to draw”…will try my best to produce a good disciple so that my legacy will live on. haha

Yesterday was reading tianwei’s blog..then he was talking abt this old man trying to give out brochures..told them that they must study hard or else will end up like.. then the old man pointed to weijie. WUHAHAHA I can’t imagine weijie’s expression when he heard this, must have been very funny.

So far, I’ve not touched my solo exhibition sketchbook since I saw kuenny…beginning to get worried since I shd be chiong-ing like mad but I’m really in a holiday mood enjoying the holidays. Will start engine again this evening.

Next Thursday will b going to this classy Italian restaurant called Pontini wif my parents to celebrate birthday. That restaurant’s becoming my family’s “private but major family celebration venue”. This year, celebrated my mother’s birthday there, and incidentally the night when I celebrated my mother’s birthday was the day I finished my june painting. Can still remember that for the whole day (I think it was a fri) I poned lessons just 2 sit in the 3rd floor art room to pia the painting (my teacher told me to amend the reflection and perspective of the window itself. he say the reflection spoil the mood of the painting.). All of us that day stayed back late that day just to do the last minute touchups to our paintings. (following day was the compeititon dateline for submission) I can still feel the stress, tension and anxiety that hung in the art room, which became entangled wif the sounds of the radio, the smell of fresh oil and acrylic paint, the sight of so many pple and colourful canvases cramped into one room, and not forgetting the occasional chatter …it was a moment I wd remember for a long time to come, and I don’t think I wd ever experience this ever again. Not in a very long time.

Anyways my father who came to pick me had to wait outside the gate for me for 1 hr while I pia finish the painting and fill up the competition entry form. After that of course got scolded for making him wait so long and now he had to rush like mad to woodlands to pick my mother up in order to make it on time for dinner (parents had booked a slot in the restaurant for 7:30 and by the time I came out was already 7..)

Anyways, all that tension subsided when we entered the restaurant and were suddenly basking in the nice and cozy ambience, and enjoying the very very good food. For me, it was only at the time, the first time in the whole day I felt so relaxed after a whole day of stress, that I finally began to experience that very gd feeling, that sense of achievement u get after finishing a painting..its very much like the feeling u get after completing ur promos. At that time, I was positively prepared not to win anything for the competition, and was more concerned that my painting wd give me good art ct grades. So when I was told of the competition results later on, I of course was very surprised. But up til today, I personally feel that the most memorable part in this whole June-July art-making episode was not the prize-giving ceremony, nor was it the moment when I was told that I won the award, but rather, the evening when I finally completed that painting and went for such wonderful food after that.

It was the most memorable mother’s birthday celebration I ever experienced, because on that evening at the restaurant the spotlight was focused on (one of) the 2 greatest things in my life: my mother and art.