!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: Another stormy post

Past. Present. Future

Friday, November 11, 2005

Another stormy post

Todae woke up to the sound of phone call, then realized shit tuition teacher is here already!so I faster go down to brush teeth and get ready (although I seriously doubt I did any preparation for econs). Teacher went thru the paper, commented that I sldn’t have done so badly. Ya every teacher says that, but when such a thing comes from her, I honestly value it. Realized that I was very careless, many answers were screwed, and wrote a lot of irrelevant stuff. But their questions equally f** uped for the drq one la…even my teacher say that the questions not very well-set. Looking back at how much I stressed myself up and slaved so hard for econs, I asked myself what for? After all, at the end of the day I still came back wif screwed marks…but then again, if I hadn’t studied, esp 4 the essay component, I probably wd have did worse for the paper. The essay component was the only section which I felt I got the marks I deserved. Rest of the paper, was either me being too unfocussed or careless, or my marker was being a plain idiot, and identifying the person who marked the paper was quite easy la…from that squggly and wormly handwriting, I guess its pretty obvious that its koh.

Which brings me 2 the 2nd issue I want to bitch abt todae: koh. Yes. There is no doubt that she’s quite understanding and reasonably nice as a person, but hardworking and focused in discussion she is not. Under her tutelage, the class has suffered 2 disaster after another in the econs exam both in the promos and the ct, and she still thinks that she’s a gd teacher…actually I think its abit our fault for trying too successfully to suck up to her and we actually erroneously but successfully convinced her that she was a gd teacher, of which the iceing probably being the teachers day card and cheese cake.

But being a “gd teacher” as she thinks she is, shdn’t she have the foresight to realize that she shd foot part of the responsibility for the academic condition of her students? After promos b4 they release the results that time she approached me. Said that the class did reasonably well for the promos but when she saw the econs marks, “her heart fell.”, then ask me y I think this is so. I didn’t immediately reply, and she herself answer her question, say that she think the class didn’t study, putting econs at the bottom of their revision priorities that’s why. Not that she needed any of my answers to her question. All she wanted to do was tell me that the ONLY reason y we did so badly was becoz we never study. push the blame to us. What rubbish. She didn’t see how much I slaved over this dumb subject and I guess it never crossed her mind that she herself is the loser who can't teach. But I think she must have thought abt this pt coz after the first question (which she had so wonderfully answered), she asked me and jon how she cd improve her teaching. We tried to point out certain flaws in her teaching, but I guess she asked the question just for the fun of it. One by one after we told her some of her teaching style, she one by one disagree wif us. Yes when u r lousy u r lousy. But u can still improve, but how 2 improve if u r not receptive to feedback?

By now, it has been so obvious that the class has fully given up hope on her and most are resorting to fending for themselves rather than continue to stagnate under her tender-loving care. Many have tuition already. So I guess there’s still hope for our class in econs. And if and only if we ace our next major econs exam in 2006, koh will probably assume such results to b a result of her hardwork and dedication. Fucked up piece of rut that she is.