!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: "U r almost there"

Past. Present. Future

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

"U r almost there"

Teacher and student. Student and teacher. Wee shian’s consulting me, and I’m consulting kuenny. One is all and all is one. o.0 Despite what they all say that teaching is a very stressful job, I must say that Monday’s foray into the art of teaching is really an experience. During the discussion, ideas were thrown, bounced abt, applied, debunked and tested out. We discovered some areas of overlapping in our style, and both of us left learning something new. Although wee shian requested to meet me on the pretext of “teaching him art”, looking back I think that we unconsciously transcended this purpose of “teaching him art”. I think I might consider teaching as a profession, but I guess now I’m just facing one “student”. In the real thing there I’ll b facing so much more. It’ll b students
+ exams
+ serious lesson preparation
+ stress
+ student discipline probs
+ that tharman (whole dae only give teachers trouble only)
+ parents(like tharman. Whole dae also give teacher problem also)
+ must rush to cover syllabus
+ CCA wk
+ department and committee wk
+ sch camps
+ aceing sch appraisal.
(wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

So I think maybe not teacher la…architect still better. we’ll see coz I guess an architect also faces his own host of problems. There’s no easy way out or shortcut to success in life.

I think the word teacher never can refer to a single person. The line bet teacher always blurs coz as u noe, teachers r never perfect, and they always continue learning. So a teacher can b a student, and student can become a teacher. Not bad ar? A student no need to NIE can become teacher already. So NIE is redundant, taking up space in land-scarce S’pore haha.

Todae went to meet kuenny again. At taka the food court downstairs there. Came that time she eating this Japanese set lunch while her daughter (probably eat finis already) was fidgeting around. Showed her my modifications and colour schemes. Not bad she was very encouraging. Her words, “u r almost there” really made my day. Shiok shiok already. So now dong feel like doing anything, but bo bian have to do that darn art again coz todae’s probably the only day of the week where I’m free to do art. If dong pia later come back from holidays DIE!!!

Go holiday that period like got so many things suddenly going on which I cannot go... got old ao3 class outing, new ao3 class outing, a compulsory advent seminar which is compulsory 4 some pple (and I belong to that grp of pple) and got some other stuff (which I cannot recall off the hook now)all cannot go. Altho, I’m happy to skip that advent thingy, its quite wasted cannot go to those class outings. But I still think holiday in such a beautiful country known as Spain outweighs all of them. Console myself. So in the final analysis, the opportunity cost not so high haha.

I’m feeling so bored.