!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: A wonderful Sunday.... a hectic week awaits

Past. Present. Future

Sunday, November 13, 2005

A wonderful Sunday.... a hectic week awaits

This day has been a long but eventful day. Morning early early woke up to go for mass at 1030. yes these days, waking up at 10 (just in time to go church) is already considered very early. Today’s reading was something abt using ur God-given talents to the full, that every gift that God has given u has a purpose, and it wd b a great waste if u don’t recognize and develop it. Then I began to think abt my passion for art, and made a mental resolve to better use it to serve the community and make pple happy. This seemed to reaffirm me that my decision to sacrifice my precious solo exhibition preparation time on mon to teach wee shian how to draw was the correct decision. I also began to develop links wif art-making, that every idea that pops up in ur mind has great potential, and u must physically develop and explore the idea or it wd just slip away..which may mean that the chance to make a gd painting out of that one idea wd just disappear..

After church, me and parents went to pick up Sean at Clementi mrt. We planned to get a D70S SLR camera todae after lunch, and sean was to b my ‘advisor’, as in tell me where is gd place to buy, where can find the cheapest, what r the gd brands to look out 4, …to avoid being conned into buying/being sucked dry by those salesmen. Anyways, we invited him to join us for lunch. Lunch was eaten at 6 ave ming teck park inside down there, this very gd Italian restaurant called la brasseria . After that went to sim lim square to get this camera. Then go 2 his so-called recommended stall which supposedly has the cheapest prices, but sadly, D70 mei you huo, so walk round see see, then decided 2 try our luck at this camera shop. Salesman was this ah beng guy. Very gd at selling though. Grade A salesman. But haha still managed to bargain to buy the camera body, lens and batt 4 very good price. Then at sean’s recommendation went peninsula plaza to get the bag, lens filter, dry box, where there is one stall that gives very reasonable prices for the above mentioned remaining items. This stall the salesman also very gd, but more honest than the one at sim lim. So I got the full set, wif more than I initially hoped for, at incredibly neat prices thanks 2 the powerful bargaining powers of papa.

After that dropped sean off at city hall, then me and parents went art friend to buy canvas (only managed to buy 1 as they don’t already sell ready-made ones for my other 3 dimensions). Then went Chinatown walk walk and eat dinner at this porridge stall along south bridge rd there which is really gd. The tau hu also very phang.

So this week wd b spent testing and getting used to my new camera to prepare for solid photo-taking during holidays in spain, preparing solo exhibition on ALL the days, wif a meeting wif wee shian at 11 on mon, solo exhibition consultation wif kuenny at 11 on tues, a photography outing wif sean, and an outing wif Mehta Mehta on fri. and I’m not going for the bbq at eric’s place on wed. Yep that’s the schedule 4 this week….4 now. Its been a wonderful Sunday and I wish u all a gd week ahead. 4 me, I think life’s just going to get busier, but I guess I enjoy it.