!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: Images trapped in time, forever.

Past. Present. Future

Friday, November 18, 2005

Images trapped in time, forever.


Todae I set my record for the year by waking up at the earliest time of 6 to catch the sunrise over the sji campus. Had trouble sleeping the whole night anyway. So 6am wake up quickly brush teeth, change then leave already. Father so gd, send me haha, but in the car, I saw the sky quickly growing lighter and lighter and down inside, I was anxious that todae the sun wd rise b4 I cd reach sch. The journey there was kinda surreal. Ya got that anxious feeling, but also feeling fresh waking up so early, and it was one of the rare times I saw PIE so early in the morning. The roads were deserted, and everything was bathed in this quiet, somewhat unearthly light. The scenery of the highway outside somehow unconsciously reminds me of the scenery in the outskirts of rome.


Thankfully go to sch already still early dawn, the sun haven rise. This time of the day is the best time of the day to just appreciate the campus architecture and ambience.

It was wonderfully atmospheric and surreal, trapped in time transfixed. Just the feel of walking around my old alma mater, where everything is still quiet and everywhere (except canteen) makes the effort of waking up at 6 really worth it. Shortly after, Sean came, then we both went around taking photos together.


A general view of the façade of the campus from far end of the track. The sunrise was really breathtaking. It was really a sight u don’t get to see everyday. Even when I was in SJI, I never had this opportunity to just sit back and admire such beauty…

Then went grotto to take some pics, after that went chapel. Ya all of u probably heard me talking abt Sji chapel how nice blah blah blah, but I guess most of u never really got to see it. So here is a shot of the altar from the entrance.


After that sun was out in full swing, so went classroom block, an opportune time to fully capture the colour contrast and fiery reflection of the sun’s first rays on the ivory white surfaces of the rest of the sch.

All in all, I was really was a very very pleasant experience. Something I wd remember for a very very long time. Somehow, I feel closest to Sji architecture remembering it better and clearer than than anything else SJi-related. And many of the photos of places and spaces really bring back many many fond memories. It is an enigma, an inexplicable sensation that wells up in me every time i see that distinctive arch, the golden hues of the staff room, annex and canteen and the azure interiors of the chapel. All of these have thru the course of time, become a part of me. something I hold close to my heart. Some things change wif time, but these feelings and memories r those that will not.