!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future

Past. Present. Future

Friday, September 11, 2009

Today I experienced how victory can be so empty. Winning a competition but losing friendships seem like two very different things, but they become linked when I find myself becoming so focused and task-oriented that I lose sight of the whole purpose of this exercise; having fun.

Of course there must be work and there r other times to have fun, but it’s a challenge to be sensitive to the needs of others and at the same time filter out suggestions which you know aren’t going to work. So I asked myself today, did I win at all? Perhaps the true winners are those who learned how to work and bond with their team. Those who will take away fond memories of working so late together for days without sleep.

they say design is a journey of self-discovery... this week i discovered more about myself, and also about others, and i don't like what i see. i see my weaknesses more clearly, not just the faults of the other group members. its a real struggle with the idea of role-playing. a skill i'm totally lacking in.

Life can be so empty without friends. sigh. feeling so directionless now. then i get this daily e-gospel message about humility and setting aside time for God, n i'm reminded of what's going wrong in my life.

its so easy to forget. to feel alone in the entire arki block filled with so many people.