!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future

Past. Present. Future

Thursday, April 30, 2009

went to brisbane to visit sean. came back on 19. all i can say that its a very pretty not happening city. everyday is sunday to them there. but still, it was fun. paid for the ticket, and flew there and back myself. haha, a first. other than going around town, including a club, we also went sunshine coast and surfer’s paradise. met my ex-pc and ns ps there. it was very good catching up. dozed off during the easter vigil mass cos it was on the first day. but we went to a latin mass, and i found it chop chop, and spiritually refreshing.

latin mass by pope benedict

staying there gave me a glimpse of what to expect when studying overseas. so i didn’t really feel like a tourist, and consequently didn’t take any pictures there at all. when the adventurous feeling of diving into the unknown dies down, and there’re so many esssential stuff to settle on your own, its no fun. time to time, you’ll definitely feel homesick, and there’s definitely a challenge learning to blend into a new clique. and if you find one you really feel comfortable in, i guess you can count yourself really lucky.

it made me consider, and mentally prepare myself for my plans to do my masters in uk. it all seems far away now, but it’ll come soon enough. and soon, it’ll be sean’s turn to visit me there.

the auction for the painting went very very well, and many people, including myself were pleasantly surprised to learn how much it sold for. its smaller than my uob piece, but it has set a new record for the value of my work. its an achievement, considering how the economy’s faring right now.