!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: the empty parade square

Past. Present. Future

Thursday, February 19, 2009

the empty parade square

listening to:
Kelly Clarkson - my life would suck without you.

Things that happened recently gave me a jolt. I have become more conscious of my actions, and my words. Its a little late to learn this yeah I know. Its a part of growing up, and I guess I learn (or have learnt) stuff pretty late in my life. Enough said about that.

A strange kind of stillness has descended the battalion square. I’m just not used to the empty tables and chairs, the silent corridors, and the empty bunks(most of them locked up by now). Its one thing to say bye bye to ur army friends at the ord parade. But when you step into a totally foreign bunk, and see the unfamiliar faces, its when reality bites. You are now alone.

I stayed overnight in camp last night, and I took a emo walk round the battalion. I tell you, the silence is deafening.

Then you realize nothing has changed. The place, is a place that has always been unloved. The sea breeze is always the same. But life feels different because the familiar faces are gone. When Wenkai and company filled my bunk with their irritating chattering (as usual) they day they orded, I stopped myself from telling them off. cos i know that, soon, the people that have filled the silences will leave a void behind. n I will start missing them again.

And i’m yet to find a job. Not that i’m trying very hard though. That day I was browsing classifieds for designer vacancies and none fit. Not that i’m choosey or what. They’re asking for people with:
1, either poly degree,
2, with knowledge of illustrator/photoshop/autocad,
or 3, a year of working experience.

none of which fits the bill. in other words, they are seeking long-term employment, and not players like me.

still going gym often. been sleeping alot lately cos there're nothing else to do.

n i’m starting to miss sean.