!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: !!!!struggle!!!!

Past. Present. Future

Thursday, December 15, 2005

!!!!struggle!!!!

yesterday’s comments by mr chia really woke up my ideas, for I found myself striving for higher standards esp when honing the details, “not to let go” and “struggle”, in his words. Well, it paid off for papa and my maid came in to see my progress on the 2nd painting n both were quite impressed. Papa even said “this will b a fantastic painting”…so feeling very encouraged. for all the crap that chia says, his theory of “if u struggle n emerge victorious, ur work will emerge victorious” actually does make some sense, at least in the context of art. n today also tried to make the changes to the first painting, in areas that he pointed out that r really cannot make it. So yes, I struggled n the painting looks better now, at least in my eyes. The eyes of a genius haha. whoa I’m sure u all must b quite sick of my egoism streak in my entries by now, but never mind. sometimes u need to praise urself if pple dong praise u to stay happy u noe…

so til now, first painting is considered finished. But if kuenny says I must change this n that later on, then its another story. A tale to tell another day. Judging from my experience painting day in day out, I have to say that the painting process is not what many romantics perceive it to b. rather its very down to earth, something like mugging, requiring a lot of discipline and perseverance. struggle!!! :> so my conclusion is that an artist’s life is CRAP, a total shitass life. imagine struggling so much to produce one painting n after that sell it for a meagre sum. (pple won’t buy if it costs 20k. my painting is an exception) n parting wif ur wk is also a very painful experience. So to all those out there like Adeline who dream of just sitting at home all ur life to paint, think twice b4 u do this nonsense.

N today I also found the time to re-watch goodbye lenin. kudos to the director man. A true masterpiece. a very inspiring film. also very funny. So if u haven watched it yet, ur missing out a lot on life!