!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: the prado museum at last

Past. Present. Future

Sunday, December 04, 2005

the prado museum at last

Yes, the following day I finally got to see the prado. I’m back anyway, so feeling abit tired after that 12 hr flight. Its all over, but I must use this opportunity to share my experience of my visit to the greatest art museum I’ve ever seen, so far. I haven had the chance to see many anyway…but

The prado was breathtaking. Mr chia had said that the art works at tj wd leave u changed, after seeing this museum ar, u will never b the same again, and u r guaranteed to drop ur balls and just stare at the masterpieces in wonder. Theres goya, Velasquez, murillo, el Greco, Picasso, Raphael, tintoretto, titian, van eyck, Rembrandt, dali, poussin, zubaran, correggio, veronese paolo and many other famous artists all under one roof. Gallery after gallery, u r confronted u works after works of paintings u have only seen and heard of in books….and now, here u r walking past them, seeing and visiting them in person.

And I’m not talking abt seeing obscure unheard of works u’ve never seen or heard b4. these paintings r titans man. And the entry fee is priced very very reasonably. 6 euros to see the entire museum. How abt that. And u can take as many pictures u want inside, and stay inside the paradise of art for the whole day. MUST see, if u come here.

U’ll need at least a day to study and see all the works probably. We only had abt 1 ½ hr. but that was gd enuff. The feeling of simply being there itself makes the trip worth the while. Most shen ke impression of the paintings on me was surprise these 4 late works by el Greco, one of my ou xiangs. Personally, I consider them his greatest masterpieces and seeing them in person, I was struck by the luminousity of the paint, vitality of the colours used and the high charged emotions generated.




This visit has inspired me to spur myself on to achieve or even remotely hit the standard that these great masters have reached so many years ago. A memorable experience, the prado. now at least i can tell mr chia that i've seen them all, all the paintings we've encountered only in the form of lecture slides. i'm a lucky boy, and i noe that.