!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: spain trip day 5 part II

Past. Present. Future

Sunday, December 04, 2005

spain trip day 5 part II

Friday 25 november 2005 1:52am s’pore time

6:55pm spain time

I was deliberating to blog this event afterwards when I come back from the flamenco show, but I just can’t wait. B4 this, just some info to pinpoint my location. Am now in Granada, in the hotel situated in the mountains of the city just across the beautiful Arabic Palace of the Alhambra.

We had some spare time to walk walk around, so walk walk, bought some nice souvenirs, then walked some more. It was close to sunset and my parents decided to head back to hotel first. I decided to continue walking, then spotted this olive grove leading across the street. Lamps were already up and I was the only person standing there. Never having walked in an olive grove in my life, and curious to experience what it must have felt like for Christ when he was praying on the mount of olives, I descided to walk in.

In front of me was a fiery sunset, casting dark silhouettes of the cypress and olive trees against such a back drop. The air was still chilly, but it was still. I was the only person walking thru this sand-trodden path, off the beaten track. There was no sound at all. Not even the rustling of trees. I walked on, and pomb I realized that I was standing close to the edge of a gentle cliff, and was overlooking a spectacular view of Granada city.

I swear it WAS beautiful. Timeless magic. I chose a large rock to sit down and just take in all this beauty. And how I wish the moment wd last forever. It was the first time in a very very long time I felt so contented and happy. Simple pleasures r the ones that bring u the greatest happiness in ur life. at least this applies to me. Here I was temporary cut off from civilization, alone in this quiet spot wif beautiful olive trees wif the entire Granada city at my feet. Last time I experienced this was 2 yrs ago in this quiet town in sicily next to the coast. We had stopped there for lunch. I finished mine faster than the other tour members and decided to walk around. I had chosen this quiet spot which overlooked the sea. The cry of the waves, the blue blue sky…

Life is so beautiful.


breathtaking...