!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: musings

Past. Present. Future

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

musings

Hi im back. these daes its painting n painting again. Started work on my second painting. This one is a huge piece, and I’ve done the sky, ground already. Working on the façade now…so in other words, progress has been GOOD. yeah baby yeah. according to my schedule, if nothing goes wrong and I dong slack arounf too much (like yesterdae), I’ll finish the painting on tues, latest. So my dream 2 finish a painting a week may becom reality,…but oh well u never noe.

Tmw will b seeing chia. Got a lot of things to ask him abt, especially his comments abt my recently completed first painting of the series…hope its gd and that I dong need to make any drastic disastrous changes…n being the perfectionist that I m, its very difficult not to heed his advice. u noe that uneasy, guilty feeling u get where u r obligated to improve ur work but u don’t…u get the picture.

I keep on remembering chia’s words to come up wif my own distinctive style of painting. Currently, I think I don’t, though I think my subject matter and mood for my paintings r distinctive enuff, the brushstrokes r not. well historically artists have taken a lifetime to develop their signature brushwork, many of them developing it late in their lives. When I say late, I’m talking abt 40-50 years old. Take goya n dali n el Greco for eg. n I’m sure there r many more. so technically speaking I still have a lot of time. Meanwhile, I’ll still look to dali and the surrealists, n not forgetting goya, el Greco for inspiration n guidance.

another random pic from my spain trip…

me at guadix, a small village in spain


n stumbling on kevin kong, elson tan, javier, dah lun and jared kong's blogs and reading their entries really bring back that nostalgic feelin..esp when i see those graduation night fotos..sigh