!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: A long way to go

Past. Present. Future

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A long way to go

wad a wasted day. today the aep pple went to the simeu exhibition rehearsals, n so we cd skip econs ct which is postponed for us til sat. i realized that its not much time left i have to study for econs, coz haf to go back for those stupid waste of time rehearsals every day til thursday. u go there, (at least for me) i wasn’t assigned any minister to usher so technically i don’t have to do anything. so just walk around the exhibition area n waste away time. came home surprisingly tired. so after dinner was straight to lalaland. then woke up now.

one of my juniors kevin the wk got selected to b part of the exhibition. only sji work chosen. so mrs penny ong was there to help him set up n give him support. chatted wif her awhile. n she mentioned my o lvl piece. this sudden recollection had prompted me to sit in that usual sofa adjacent to where my o lvl painting is in my home n just stare n stare at the work.

my o lvl piece had reflected the sense of uncertainty i felt b4 the o lvls. the big Os were a big big thing looming in the horizon. to me, it signified a turning point in my life marking the end of my 4 yrs in sji. where u know up ahead theres goin to b a turn in the road. that instant made me look back. all those years. how far i’ve come n how far i’ve still yet to go to reach the finishing point. people and places dear to me. church. childhood. the home i grew up in. family. sji. friends.

2 years on, i wonder how much further i’ve come. in what ways have i changed n not changed? i seriously cannot answer this for sure now. but it sure is dam hell bittersweet remembering how i felt as a josephian standing at the crossroads not too long ago.

now ex-josephian. soon to b ex-njcian.


o lvl painting