!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: short

Past. Present. Future

Sunday, August 19, 2007

short

“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” Genesis 2:7

he gives life. n so he takes it away.

my bunkmate’s dad died from an accident 2 days ago. just came back from the wake today. wad struck me was the suddeness of it all. it cd have been me. was my first reaction. then it realli hit home. life realli is short. today may veri well haf been the veri last time i wd see my dad, or any loved one for dat matter. in fact, no one can confidently say dat he/she will still b living tomorrow. it all sounds dam depressing i noe, but i’ve come to accept dis after seeing wad just happened. our lives r so fragile, so transient.

i guess dats where the whole debate of science n religion comes in. life after death n all. n i’m reminded of one of the occasions when a priest posed dis challenge to us during his homily. “if u were told dat u were given one more week to live, wad wd u do?”

its a scary thought. but st francis was asked dis veri same question n he a veri simple n inspiring answer. “why wd my last day b any different, if i haf lived each day as though it were my last?”

amen.