!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: i survived!

Past. Present. Future

Saturday, May 05, 2007

i survived!

if the training doesn’t get into ur head, the weather will. ninja coy just discovered dat the legendary field camp was absofuckinglutely no fun at all. hot days n rainy nights. toasted in the day, soaked at night. some bmt experience i will never forget.

i hate mess. dreaded finding packing unpacking n doing stuff from my field pack in the dark armed wif n extremely unreliable torchlight. it was- messy. one thing i learned. always never sleep wif ur stuff lying around. when u wake up the next morning u’ll see heaven trying to pack all of them in. – or - worst still, if it rains in the middle of the night. which it did for almost every night.

there was one night when it suddenly poured like mad when we were all peacefully sleeping in our shellscrapes. it was madness as we evacuated our coffins n scrambled to gather all our stuff together n getting our raincoats on. there were no instructions from our commanders to go anywhere so me, my buddy n 2 of my platoon mates - 4 of us in all - huddled close to keep ourselves from turning into snowmen. it was the gayest moment of my life. but i guess dis made it memorable.

out field, u’ll mis ur bunk n ur bed. once back at bmtc, u’ll start missing ur home, ur loved ones, ur friends n all the little little things u did in civilian life. i also missed church. to me, mass was like the routine defining factor affirming me dat wow, yes, dis is civilian life. its probably the peace of mind i get when i sleep- no- chill out on the pew.

alot of my platoon pple already haf their next weekend n next next weekend booked for confinement. i also kena confined for dragging my boots in front of oc but not yet told when mine will b.
right now, i’m enjoying my 2 nights in the city.