!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Past. Present. Future: A new year

Past. Present. Future

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A new year

Dis post is an amalgamation of my end-of year thoughts. spent christmas in nanjing dis year, in a sense didn’t celebrate it. but spending christmas in a foreign land without the carols, the lights, glitz n away from relatives made me appreciate the true significance of christmas. Sajicleetus wrote recently in a message.

Have you ever been in a totally dark room when the light was suddenly switched on? Though it takes a few moments of adjusting, something extraordinary happens.

We can see! As our eyes focus, the light gives us the ability to see what we're doing, where we're at, and where we're going.

The birth of Jesus was a lot like that – light shattering the darkness.


To me, christmas is all about new beginnings. Like the new year, its a time to look back n ponder wad the future has in store for all of us. personally, 2007 didn’t realli end in an entirely great manner. i felt i have left myself n my peers down as a recce scout. there’s a sense of disappointment. God has been very generous in giving me wonderful windows of opportunities to perform. but perform i did not. as this new year comes, i hope for a fresh start. there’s no point in just accepting the present. i’ll just haf to try n try again. n i hope people will give me a second chance.

the china trip was not too bad. took some nice photos. will upload them soon. met a feng shui master who studied at my palm and told me frankly dat 1000 years down the road, i'll b forgotton. he said a thousand n one other things dat sounded scarily true. something like dat erodes the idealism of youth. i believe in wad he said... n it got me thinking deeply about how the the future after dat.

meanwhile, here’s me wishing myself a very happy n promising 2008.

“From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.”

Edvard Munch